Hearing Aids, Headphones and Tinnitus.
Tinnitus is the perception of noise or sounds in an ear. It can be attributed to various factors such as ear injury or another type of disorder.
Tinnitus can have different causes, including hearing loss that is related to age, exposure to different loud noises, blocking the ear from excess wax, or changes in the ear.
Excessive noise can damage the cells of the inner ear. So if you work in a very noisy environment, you should put on some earplugs or anti-noise helmets. And if you listen to music with headphones, you should lower the volume of the music.
This can be alleviated with the use of hearing aids.
Hearing Aids as a Good Solution.
Expert studies show that hearing aids are a good way to alleviate the effects of tinnitus.
According to these studies, slightly more than half of those affected have shown that hearing aids have alleviated the effects of tinnitus, while half have found that part of these discomforts has been alleviated.
Why Are They So Effective?
There are a few reasons why hearing aids are so effective in alleviating the discomfort that tinnitus causes. The reasons are as follows:
- They provide a masking effect: the headphones increase the external noise, that is, it masks the noises caused by tinnitus. The brain can concentrate on external noises, regardless of the internal ones, this makes the experience of sound more pleasant.
- They stimulate hearing: they improve the level of auditory stimulation by increasing the volume of external noise. For this reason, the auditory pathways are going to be stimulated by sounds that are in the background and are soft, something that could not otherwise be heard.
- They lead to good communication and with this to better social interaction: this disease can make it difficult to carry on a normal conversation or watch a movie on television, for example. With the hearing aid, they can be less frustrated by not hearing outside noise.
Types Of Hearing Aids
There are two types of hearing aids that can be used for tinnitus. They are:
- BTE miniRite hearing aids: they are one of the best models that exist for people with tinnitus. It does not block the ear canal once it is placed behind the ear and has a small thread that runs into the ear canal. The design and technical characteristics allow the sound from around the receiver to be captured and then transmitted to the ear canal.
- Headphones with supplementary white noise functionality: Many of the model hearing aids include additional functionality that masks the sound that reproduces white noise in the ear. This will allow you to mask all kinds of perception related to tinnitus.
Another feature is that it includes sound therapy specifically designed to alleviate the symptoms of tinnitus. It includes all kinds of sound variants, such as pink, brown, natural sounds, or the sounds of the ocean.5- Conclusion.
Tinnitus is one of the symptoms that attracts hearing loss. For this reason, hearing aids can be a good treatment to alleviate the discomfort caused by this disease. This is achieved by increasing the volume of the exterior, which makes the brain focus on them and not on the interior noise.